Subject: [Leica] PESO: Vocal
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:20:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 Jim Shulman wrote:

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/vocal+sm.jpg.html
>

>Leica M3, Summilux 50, Plus-X
I know it's easy for me to say, but I think this picture could have been
better if you had moved slightly to the left before making the exposure.
That would have put the profile of the woman on the right against a dark
area, so her face would be more legible.  In B&W especially, it always
pays to try and get separation of tones to make the image have visual
clarity.  I love backlighting in B&W because it can provide this.

I always look forward to your pictures - the frequency of your posts and
my slim output lately make me feel like a camera carrier, not a
photographer, so
I hope you don't mind the comment above.

Alan

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] PESO: Vocal)