Subject: [Leica] OT: Contax 645 one more time/Hassy
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:30:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009  George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>wrote:

>All I'm trying to communicate is
>that with that mirror slap and light trap
>my C and CM did not make best use of the glass
>at a 1/30th, 1/60th or even 1/125th
>and held.
I'll never forget a public dialog with Gene Smith in 1976 (were you there,
George?), where,
in a quiet meeting room, with everyone hushed to listen to the soft-spoken
Mr. Smith, a big guy
in the front row would periodically stand up and fire off a picture with a
motorized Hasselblad.

"Ka-chunk...zzziiipp".

Not that I could remain unobtrusive.   I had a Colortran light bounced off
the ceiling to
raise the light level on the panel, and part way through a fly decided to
immolate himself
on the quartz tube.  Somehow, everyone seemed to notice the column of smoke
rising from
the unit.  ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978