Subject: [Leica] The new M9 and me
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:06:18 +0800

I have a lot of respect for German mechanical engineering and optical
expertise, but when it comes to consumer and automotive electronics, they
have a l-o-n-g way to go.

With cameras, I learned the hard way with Leica R3, R4, early M6, M6 TTL,
M7, R8, DMR, M8, and also a handful of Rollei 6000 series SLRs.

I have also had bad luck with German cars in terms of electronics:

BMW E66 7 series - ECU failure, wiper control module failure
BMW E39 5 series - instrument cluster control module failure
Mini R53 Cooper S - various control module failure
Mini R56 Cooper S - ECU failure
Porsche 997 C4S - PASM (active suspension) control module failure

I will not get a M9 for myself until Q2 2010.

Joseph