Subject: [Leica] FS: CSEP-1 Thumbs Up $145 LNIB Shipped
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:13:44 +0000 (UTC)

For sale: like new (pre-owned, but not really used) Thumbs Up model CSEP-1
by Match Technical.? Includes manufacturer's "jewel box" and wrench.?
Perfect black paint finish showing only extremely minor wear at a few edges
of the accessory shoe fitting where it fits into the camera's accessory
shoe.? Has no wear on the top shoe, as nothing has ever been inserted into
the CSEP-1's accessory shoe.? I'm selling because I got a silver painted
version from the maker so my chrome M8 will no longer be a Panda.? US$145
shipped within the lower 48.? Paypal ok if shipped to the confirmed address.

To try to simplify where the CSEP-1 is on the MT model spectrum:? Model 1s
are "short," approximating the position of the wind lever when swung out
against a cocked shutter.? CS models have a "repeater" cold shoe on top
rather than a flush top so you can mount an accessory finder, etc.? EP
models have the new "ergonomic profile" design.? There is a set screw to
lock the Thumbs Up lever into the shoe securely if desired but the
machinework is so precise that it doesn't look necessary to me.? More
information from the manufacturer here: http://matchtechnical.com/CSEP1.aspx
? In my opinion, the Thumbs Up is cheaper, more secure and more pleasant to
use than the Leica grip or the aftermarket cases with various bulges (but
YMMV).?

Please follow up off list at newellj at gmail d0t com.

Thanks

John Newell

no archive