Subject: [Leica] OT: why learning languages is a good idea...
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:59:55 +0200

My Dutch driving license has the words "driving license" on the front
in all the languages of the EU that were in effect at the time it was
issued (2003). I think most other EU countries follow the same policy.
My Spanish identity card has the information (i.e. the labels) in
Spanish and English.

But OK, Finland only joined in the EU in the 1990s, so lots of people
presumably have driving licenses with only Finnish and Swedish text.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain