Subject: [Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:08:09 -0400

2009-08-25-18:57:08 Mark Rabiner:
> After looking at all those calibration targets I may be the real problem
> with the screen is not crushed blacks but bleached out whites.
> All the white bars at the ends are white.
> On some of the targets I can actually make out the last two blacks.

Have you cranked the brightness way down from the eyeball-searing,
ready-to-compete-with-daylight maximum, as suggested by a couple of people
here, so it uses its indoor voice?  Somebody earlier said try a little over
the halfway point on the slider.  Turn off auto-adaptive-brightness-adjust.
Try the calibration again, and see if you get some white steps.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast)