Subject: [Leica] MacBook Pro glossy screen contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:42:48 -0400

> 2009-08-25-18:57:08 Mark Rabiner:
>> After looking at all those calibration targets I may be the real problem
>> with the screen is not crushed blacks but bleached out whites.
>> All the white bars at the ends are white.
>> On some of the targets I can actually make out the last two blacks.
>
> Have you cranked the brightness way down from the eyeball-searing,
> ready-to-compete-with-daylight maximum, as suggested by a couple of people
> here, so it uses its indoor voice?  Somebody earlier said try a little over
> the halfway point on the slider.  Turn off auto-adaptive-brightness-adjust.
> Try the calibration again, and see if you get some white steps.

Yes I have depends on which is bothering me more that minute.
Looking at my slide shows on the web against my own jpg's both soft versions
when my monitor was dark and they didn't like it so the ones which look hard
now on this thing.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/a/auto_ego/i
ndex.html

Yes I did turn off auto.

And I'll try the calibration again but further away from the screen

Mark William Rabiner