Subject: [Leica] M9!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 22:19:21 -0700

At 10:38 PM -0700 9/5/09, Ted Grant wrote:
>I realize the M9 sounds like a tremendous amount of money, it is! However??
>
>You have to wait and see what happens when the opportunity of using
>the M9 camera. In that, does it produce images of a quality that
>one's clients expect of you because of the quality you have produced
>for the past 60 years?
>
>Regardless of the price, the quality record is some thing many do
>not have to contend with because they are not professional
>photographers. But those of us who have been in this field our
>entire lives, it is something that has to be considered, regardless
>of cost and quality! Certainly beyond those who've only experienced
>at the amateur level.
>That is not any kind of belittling remark regarding amateur photo
>ambitions or quality.
>Merely a point of professional and amateur.
>
>If I have to choose between the quality to the client and my pocket
>book.......... the pocket book takes the hit! Our clients expect a
>quality from us because of our experience and equipment they don't
>get from others........ regardless of what many of you may think.
>
>But I sure as hell am not going to jeopardize the quality of my
>photography due to a cost factor that is out of the reach of others
>and their whining about price. Yep the $8000.00 took me back some at
>first look! But reality is.... "I earn my living due to the
>equipment I use and quality delivered and I'm not going to
>jeopardize my career due to costly equipment!  I just pass that on
>to the clients! :-)  See how easy it is? ;-)
>
>Dr. ted

Quite right, Ted. On the other hand, a 5500 Euro price does not
necessarily translate into an $8000 local price. I would expect it to
be in the neighbourhood of $6000-6500 here in Canuckbucks. Not a huge
difference, but hey, you could go out on the town with Irene a number
of times with the difference! :-)

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design