Subject: [Leica] M9!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 22:38:25 -0700

I realize the M9 sounds like a tremendous amount of money, it is! However??

You have to wait and see what happens when the opportunity of using the M9
camera. In that, does it produce images of a quality that one's clients
expect of you because of the quality you have produced for the past 60
years?

Regardless of the price, the quality record is some thing many do not have
to contend with because they are not professional photographers. But those
of us who have been in this field our entire lives, it is something that has
to be considered, regardless of cost and quality! Certainly beyond those
who've only experienced at the amateur level.
That is not any kind of belittling remark regarding amateur photo ambitions
or quality.
Merely a point of professional and amateur.

If I have to choose between the quality to the client and my pocket
book.......... the pocket book takes the hit! Our clients expect a quality
from us because of our experience and equipment they don't get from
others........ regardless of what many of you may think.

But I sure as hell am not going to jeopardize the quality of my photography
due to a cost factor that is out of the reach of others and their whining
about price. Yep the $8000.00 took me back some at first look! But reality
is.... "I earn my living due to the equipment I use and quality delivered
and I'm not going to jeopardize my career due to costly equipment!  I just
pass that on to the clients! :-)  See how easy it is? ;-)

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M9!)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M9!)
Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] M9! Ted's comments on quality and clients)