Subject: [Leica] Annie's in trouble again
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:06:30 -0400

> At 04:49 PM 9/6/2009, you wrote:
>> What ever issues she may be going through the validity of her body of work
>> is not one of them.
>>
>> Mark William Rabiner
>
> Maybe she's getting desperate, but claiming another photographer's
> work as her own does not add to the validity of her work.
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> www.tinamanley.com

Yes but these are images which any grade school kid recognizes as digital
composites; consisting of models in front of backgrounds. In this case the
backgrounds appear to be  photographic .
A model in front of backdrops. The element in question being the backdrop.
The main element, the model, was certainly done by her.
The history of photographs done in front of supplied backdrops goes back to
day one. And nobody cares who did the backdrop.
In this case the backdrop was not painted but photographic. Not that these
distinctions can be made with assured clarity with such work.
It was not so cool for this kind of thing to have slipped by.
But its not the end of the world.
Its not her claiming "other peoples photographs are her own".
This I find frankly obvious and the barrage of negativity aimed at this
photographer over more than a decade on this list makes me wonder.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Annie's in trouble again)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Annie's in trouble again)