Subject: [Leica] M9 Lens Exception..... 35 Lux...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:24:05 -0400 (EDT)

Answered my own question.....   from the M8 FAQ:

"2.4 Some of the SUMMILUX-M 35mm/f1.4 models (built from1961-1995,
non-aspherical,
Made in Canada) cannot be mounted on the LEICA M8 or cannot be focused to
infinity.
In certain cases, these lenses? rear baffle may collide with internal camera
parts. These lenses can
be modified by Leica Camera AG?s Customer Service, allowing them to be used
on the LEICA M8.

Frank F