Subject: [Leica] M9 Lens Exception..... 35 Lux...
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:10:14 +1000

I doubt that it is a mistake. The lens throat has to be different than on
the M8 (to accommodate 24x36) and there was some discussion based on a
disassembled M8 that there is little room in there. In any event you can
download the complete instruction book and read which (very few) lenses may
cause problems if you wish. There is the same warning as previously
regarding collapsible lenses too.