Subject: [Leica] Leica x1
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:39:55 -0400

I agree, the X1 seems preferable over the M9 for myself and my
style.  I could see the XI being my main AX in the future.  It is
more in the German M tradition then the current 8's and 9's.  A
traditional Leica shooters digital camera I think.  I mean the Idea a
sensor offers more levels of interface with the camera is counter to
traditional Leica photography.  Ideally the camera should disappear
into the background practice like a doorknob when your opening a
door.  This of course isn't practical either for making the highest
quality images.  The M's bridged that gap brilliantly.  Now these
pesky electronic interfaces make the instruments for too conspicuous
in your hand and should be rather simplified IMHO.  Wether or not the
X1 qualifies as less conspicuous in your hand I don't know.  What I
do know is all I want to think about when I'm shooting is subject and
light, rather light and subject.