Subject: [Leica] Leica x1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:06:17 -0400

> I agree, the X1 seems preferable over the M9 for myself and my
> style.  I could see the XI being my main AX in the future.  It is
> more in the German M tradition then the current 8's and 9's.  A
> traditional Leica shooters digital camera I think.  I mean the Idea a
> sensor offers more levels of interface with the camera is counter to
> traditional Leica photography.  Ideally the camera should disappear
> into the background practice like a doorknob when your opening a
> door.  This of course isn't practical either for making the highest
> quality images.  The M's bridged that gap brilliantly.  Now these
> pesky electronic interfaces make the instruments for too conspicuous
> in your hand and should be rather simplified IMHO.  Wether or not the
> X1 qualifies as less conspicuous in your hand I don't know.  What I
> do know is all I want to think about when I'm shooting is subject and
> light, rather light and subject.

If I went out and bought three cameras today a Leica S2, M9 and X1 and
looked at my pix this day next year (easy to remember its 9/11 and it's NY)
which camera would I have gotten the best shots with?
The camera I get the best shots with is normally likely to be the one I have
with me.  The ones sitting at home don't fare so well on that account.
And the one in the end I'd have with me all day day after day would be the
X1.  I'd take it to the grocery store. To the movies. To the bathroom. To
the Barnes and Noble.
When the decisive moment happened. It would be the most likely culprit to
grab it.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Leica x1)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] Leica x1)