Subject: [Leica] M9 thoughts!
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:32:40 -0700

Things Change.

My faithful, tough, superb little Contax T2 has a cracked film
pressure plate.

My Canon G9 if a life saver as an everyday user for before and after
shots (I'm a landscape design and restoration contractor) and can
produce some truly satisfying landscape and candid portrait shots, but
can be annoyingly slow and is not designed to support the depth and
breadth of images possible with my R8 and R9.

The places I go during the day pretty much prohibit lugging my R kit
around with me due to workplace conditions and likely theft of the
entire kit while I'm distracted by real work.

I've toyed around with selling the R's and lenses (28-90 ASPH and
70-180 APO) and buying an M7 instead.

I passed on the M8 because I'm a chicken and wanted to wait to see if
an R10 would happen; no R10.

I must admit now that I've read every English-language review and
examined every image bank on the M9, Leica has regained my attention,
both with the M9 and the surprising X1.

Maybe now it's time to "Tool Up".

Bob

On Sep 11, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

At 12:52 PM 9/11/2009, you wrote:
> So the more things change at Leica, they stay
> the same in my book. Like why the hell they couldn't produce a
> camera like
> the new Olympus? what planet are their marketing people from? A
> digital 3F
> sized impossible to do?  So rant on LUG nuts!! Tell Solms what time
> it is!!
> <paul>

I hope they don't ever give up the classic Leica look.  It's a solid,
metal body and the "nostalgic" bottom plate is there for a reason.
Leica has the best engineered body around.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com