Subject: [Leica] How I plan to get my M9 while keeping both kidneys...
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:39:43 -0400

I went to a friends wedding and met some old NY artist/photographer
friends who moved out to LA.  Among them Iris Klein who recently had
a show at the Leica Gallery (March 9th).  (Just to lend some
credibility to my post here, lord knows I have little), her recent
experience is that the top B&W photographers, meaning the ones with
$$$ sorry no names, are returning back to traditional processing due
to the relative lack of gradation in the digital color
conversion.  In other words they are done with the excitement of the
technology and getting back to what good B&W is all about.  I also
know a Magnum photographer in my neighborhood who showed me his new
state of the art darkroom in the basement of his brownstone.  He
complained about similar issues with digital B&W.

A B&W a la cart option on the M9 would be sweet