Subject: [Leica] Leica's manufacturing
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:46:41 -0400

As I understand the current definition of "Made in XXX" it commonly
means the final assembly and release of a product is performed in that
country.   It may be assembled from components and parts made anywhere
in the world.  I believe there is also a requirement that a highly
variable but defined percentage of the components,  be made in country
XXX.

In any case, no matter where its components and parts come from, the
company releasing the product can rightly be held responsible for the
performance of that product.

Regards,

Dick