Subject: [Leica] A new tri-elmar soon?
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:25:54 -0400

The first tri-elmar (a wonderful 28, 35, 50mm lens) was discontinued a
few years ago.

I heard that was because the glass it used was either too expensive or
too hard to get.

In any case, it's a gem and no longer available except on the used
market.

The current tri-elmar's rumored demise is a loss. If a new one is on
the way, I expect, given the trend toward atmospheric prices for new
Leica lenses, its replacement will not be cheap.

Doug

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] A new tri-elmar soon?)