Subject: [Leica] R-Series Owners Stranded?
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:09:22 -0400

Like you I too am feeling a bit "left in the lurch". I can understand Leica's
decision, but I'm not "happy" about it.
The DMR was a good compromise and mine still works well, but it needs an
"update". Leica's S Daniel said at the launch of the M9 that Leica could not
continue "swimming with the sharks" ie Nikon and Canon, but he did not rule
out R
solutions in the future. In reality I think we are "in trouble". I have not
decided what to do, but clearly the choice will be S2 at huge expense. Stick
with
the DMR at no cost (for me) Canon or Nikon body mixing lenses, or return to
FILM!!!

cheers from Ballarat

Alastair Firkin
www.afirkin.com