Subject: [Leica] Sick Friday Fox
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:52:47 -0400

 More on the possibly sick fox.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Sleeping+Fox+1.JPG.html
>
> I checked with the county Board of Health about the suggestion of
> several LUG members that the fox was rabid. They were noncommital
> but they did say that there have been no reports of rabid foxes in
> many years

Steve asked:
in what NY county  Larry...  ?

Steve,?

Thank you for giving me the kink to the NYS rabies test web site. I checked
with the Putnam County Board of Health which reported no cases of fox rabies
during the first half of the year. But since my property runs over the
Westchester County line, I probably should have checked with them as well.
Westchester, a much larger country, reported two cases of fox rabies. Still,
it doesn't seem like a major epidemic. Lots of skunk and raccoon rabies
though. Don't pet skunks.

Larry Z