Subject: [Leica] Best use for a dead pig
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 06:18:16 +0200

Hi Leo,

$180/lb sounds about right for high-end Iberian ham. It is expensive
because the pigs are fed on acorns and run around freely, like
mountain goats. You only eat it in small quantities of course, this
has nothing to do with the stuff you would put in a ham and cheese
sandwich.

That cured Virginia ham Larry mentions might be good for sandwiches,
or for other uses where the taste of the ham is suitably masked by
other ingredients.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain