Subject: [Leica] How to get an S2 grant for Doug Herr?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:24:08 -0400

George Kase wrote:

Doug Herr made a comment a few days ago that stuck with me and I've been
thinking about. He mentioned something to the effect that he doubted he'd
ever be able to own an S2 for his work. Well, I think that's a shame.
Because of all the photographers I know of, his work deserves the use of a
system like the S2. And, there has got to be a way for him to apply for a
grant to fund an S2 with lenses and his time to document some aspect of
wildlife in the USA...
so, I'm throwing the question out to the LUG...does anyone know how and
where to apply for a grant? Are there resources where professionals like
Doug can learn about photographic projects that are seeking someone like him
to document a particular type of wildlife or their environment? I don't have
a clue, all I know is that Doug needs an S2 and Leica would do well to have
him own and use one :)
Doug, I hope you'll pardon my sticking my nose into your biz-ness, but hey,
maybe someone will know how to actually get you an S2! It would be a combo I
think all on the LUG would enjoy seeing the results of.
<<<

I'm a little dumbstruck and completely humbled by the LUG's support for my
work over the years.  Foremost in my mind when I'm in the field is repaying
the LUG with new photos.  A little brainstorming about sources of funding
would be awesome - as long as the list can stand a few more pictures ;)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] How to get an S2 grant for Doug Herr?)