Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Fall in the north
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:30:55 -0700

No; we stayed at a B&B in Whitehorse. The nominal reason we went
there was for Tanya to give a couple of presentations on mental
health issues, so Whitehorse it was. It would really be good to go in
your own vehicle and not have a fixed base as the distances are too
great. Liard was too far away for a day trip.

We didn't see all that much wildlife, actually. One herd of caribou,
a golden eagle and a three or four pairs of trumpeter swans was it
for larger animals. My son who worked for two summers in Kluane said
that some small mountain valleys had very large numbers of grizzlies
(some of which snuck up on him to withing 3m as he was counting
plants) but we saw no bears. I've seen lots of bears in BC and
Alberta and was hoping for some sightings here, but no luck.

We also saw some loon pairs on quiet lakes. I really like hearing them.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com