Subject: [Leica] BOATING PESO - Putting the Boat Away
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:06:34 -0400

The end of the season came a bit early this year for us.  We sailed
"Bewitched" across Buzzards Bay to it's winter home in Acoot Cove last
Saturday.  The temperature was in the sixties (F) with light and
variable north to northeast breezes and often no wind at all.

When we did have wind we paid close attention to the sails to keep the
boat moving.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5969.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/ybqe7lg

We sailed through a racing fleet as we neared the north side of the
Bay.  They were barely moving in the light northerlies.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5973.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/yaek8ml

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5978.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/ybrc7nf

After motoring up the narrow channel into the boatyard, we tied up
next to another Stone Horse awaiting winter haulout and checked out
her rigging.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_5998.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/ybelqad

Back in Woods Hole, some of our members were stripping their runabouts
of gear in anticipation of haulout.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/2009_boating_pad/300_6037.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/y9s8wms

After a long season of shooting with only my big zooms on the D300,
for a change I decided to use only my 28 mm Nikkor on this trip.
Naturally, given the perverse nature of all things mechanical and
electrical, the auto diaphragm mechanism failed and I didn't notice it
until I was back on shore.  So, these shots were all rescues in
Lightroom from files that were 2-3 stops overexposed.

C&C always welcome.

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] BOATING PESO - Putting the Boat Away)