Subject: [Leica] New List Member
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:13:07 -0400

Everyone including me is saying the 35 is the new 50.
I need to take it back.

- the focal length most used now by PJ's and commercial photographers is
those enclosed in an omnipresence omniscient 18x35mm zoom.
It's my impression that for plenty of people that lens does not often come
off the camera body.
I doubt they do most their shooting racked in to 35.
By the way the 1.5 counterpart to this lens is the 12-24mm.

I think its not mainly used racked or zoomed into 35mm.
But in the middle.
18 21 24 28 35 are the common focal lens in there.
A 24 is in the middle.

I'd buy Henning's old 24 2.8 he has "replaced" with his 1.4
The Elmarit is only the sharpest lens in the history of the modern universe.
A milestone in optical design.

I think every day in every way we are getting wider and wider.
As we're shooting closer and closer.

And around now a 24 is normal. At least 28.

35 is telephoto.

Mark William Rabiner