Subject: [Leica] New List Member
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:22:29 -0400

2009-10-05-03:23:32 Mark Rabiner:
> There's the famous picture of Victor Hasselblad with the camera with his
> name on it and Paul Heidecke Mr. Rolleiflex.
> http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HS/HSHmeetsR.aspx

That reminds me of the famous photo of Mikhail Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner
meeting (and holding each other's rifles, even, unlike those camera guys).
When I saw that picture, Kalashnikov actually having been allowed to travel
the US, and doing so so publicly, I knew something really had changed since
the heart of the Cold War.  I mean, sure, there was some wall in Germany
which
got taken apart, but somehow this picture drove it all home in a different
way.

http://war.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mikhail_Kalashnikov_and_Eugene_Stoner.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a reference to remind me exactly when the
picture's
from, though.  I found one article suggesting it was 1990, which seems
plausible.

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] New List Member)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New List Member)