Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:45:48 +1030

It's optically better than the Leica 50/2: it doesn't flare and the
formula has been tweaked.  Even Erwin puts says it is an improvement.
Mechanically the ZM lenses aren't as sturdy as the Leica ones, but it
seemed sturdy enough to me that it would survive just fine.

The Summilux ASPH is another thing altogether.  It's the ultimate (in
both senses of the word) fast (as opposed to superfast) 50.

Marty