Subject: [Leica] Historical leica sighting
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

in Raymond Chandler's "The Little Sister", which I've just re-read after 30
years. I'd completely forgotten about how her older brother's using a Leica
was central to the plot:

"He studies a lot and he has a very expensive camera he likes to snap people
with when they don't know. Sometimes it makes them mad. But Orrin says
people ought to see themselves as they really are."

"Let's hope it never happens to him, " I said. "what kind of camera is it?"

"One of those little cameras with a very fine lens. You can take snaps in
almost any kind of light. A Leica."

-and on from there.

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Historical leica sighting - What was Orrin's Leica?)