Subject: [Leica] Stuck Heliopan Slim on my 70-180 APO
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:43:55 -0700

Despite my practice of being extra careful when screwing on this very
slim (and spendy) Polarizer on the 7-180, I've somehow managed to
tighten it just enough to resist reasonable force with my fingertips.

It was in and out of the bag a lot at Grand Canyon.  Can't deploy the
built-in hood with the filter on so possibly some inadvertent
friction.   Could be the cause but who knows?

If you have a nondestructive trick to unscrew that baby, I'd sure
appreciate a tip on how to do it.

I definitely don't want to bring it to the LUG Dinner and pass it
around the table.  Imagine all those deft, learned hands working
quietly, not a drop of alcohol on anyone's breath.

Are we talking about the same table?

Cheers,

Bob

Many thanks.

Bob in Seattle.

On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Jeff Moore wrote:

> 2009-10-03-19:01:26 Steve Barbour:
>> what a stunning collection and variety of photographs are here,
>>
>> how meaningful it all is...   !
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/kididdoc/some_leica_photographers
>
> ...and you got a double dose with that "Chris Williams in action",
> 'cause I'm
> standing there being groomy.  With of course Kathryn and Cap'n Pat.
>
> Looking at your fine site, I see my name appear more often as taker
> than
> takee, which I think is Just Fine.

I think we need to change that, so I'll try...

Steve