Subject: [Leica] Stuck Heliopan Slim on my 70-180 APO
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:24:38 -0700

Mark:

Rubber Glubs it is.  Makes sense.

Also, they strike terror into the hearts of any man who took a
military physical.

"...OK, now turn your head the other way and cough..."

Won't even need the tights.

Thanks for the tip, dude.

Bob

On Oct 6, 2009, at 11:14 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Despite my practice of being extra careful when screwing on this very
> slim (and spendy) Polarizer on the 70-180, I've somehow managed to
> tighten it just enough to resist reasonable force with my fingertips.
>
> It was in and out of the bag a lot at Grand Canyon.  Can't deploy the
> built-in hood with the filter on so possibly some inadvertent
> friction.   Could be the cause but who knows?
>
> If you have a nondestructive trick to unscrew that baby, I'd sure
> appreciate a tip on how to do it.
>
> I definitely don't want to bring it to the LUG Dinner and pass it
> around the table.  Imagine all those deft, learned hands working
> quietly, not a drop of alcohol on anyone's breath.
>
> Are we talking about the same table?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob
>

> Many thanks.
>
> Bob in Seattle.

Put on rubber glubs.

You can unscrew the lid off of Superman with rubber glubs.

Also nobodies going to mess with ya.
Both Pink or Yellow seem to work the same.
As they need to match your tights.

Mark William Rabiner