Subject: [Leica] IMG: American Dipper
From: Neil.Beddoe at raidllp.com (Neil Beddoe)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:42:08 +0100

Lovely Doug.    I think we've got the edge on you in Europe with our dippers
though; Cinclus cinclus has a beautiful white breast and is an absolutely
charming bird.  If the American counterpart has the same habits you did very
well to catch this, I've never seen one still for more than a couple of
seconds.  I spent a very happy half a hour once in Lynmouth on the north
coast of Devon watching one fishing in a fast-flowing river.

Neil