Subject: [Leica] Re. Canon f1.2 50mm
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 02:47:46 -0400

> Mark, you answered some question, but not the one asked by Lluis. We
> all know that you think the M9 will take over the world, the question
> Lluis asked was whether someone with an M9 had comments on the
> performance of old lenses on it. This arises from a conversation we
> had in early September, when we agreed that old lenses perform very
> well on the M8 and my hypothesis was that at least part of the reason
> was that with the 1.3x sensor, the outermost part of the lens, which
> is where most problems are usually found, was not used in forming the
> image on an M8.
>
> Nathan

Old lenses on an M8!?!? I'm all for it! Why not?
Oh no crop  being a problem?
It will be just as much a problem as it was with film I'd think.
You want super sharp  outer edges don't use such an old lens!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] Re. Canon f1.2 50mm)