Subject: [Leica] D-Lux 4 experience?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:49:02 -0700

At 3:30 PM +0200 10/11/09, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>I am thinking of getting a D-Lux 4 for my cycling so that I do not
>always have to take my backpack with the M8 plus one extra lens etc.
>every time I go out. I like the form factor, I like the red dot, but
>would like to hear from owners about the image quality. Since I
>mostly go cycling during daylight hours, high-ISO performance is not
>so important.
>
>TIA,
>Nathan
>
>Nathan Wajsman

Have a look at the Canon S90. It seems to be an updated D-Lux 4 with
a a bit wider range zoom, excellent (for a small sensor camera) high
ISO performance, also an f/2 lens at the wide end and quite
pocketable. I downloaded some sample images at ISO 1600 and 3200 and
they looked quite passable considering.

It's supposed to be available in the next week or two here.
--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com