Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:29:40 +0200

Jeffery,

Your excellent knowledge of the 50's is excellent. I was not sure but
I had the concept you've said, one day I was to my dealer and we have
mounted a 50 Zeiss on my M (I don't remember if the F2 or F1.5) and it
was extremely more tight to focus than the smooth from Leica (I have a
handicap on my left hand) and I discarted. Later I've found a Sonnar
Opton 50/1.5 (Contax mount from 1950...) at a reasonnable price and
I've purchased it. I'm using it on my M's with an special adapter and
I'm quite happy with this lens, even if it is precise focusing at F2
and 1.5, but it gives me this atmosphere of nostalgia you say.

Thanks for clarifyng this concept,

Saludos
Lluis

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/
http://photo.net/photos/lluisripoll
http://lluisripollphotography.wordpress.com/

El 12/10/2009, a las 19:54, Jefffery Smith escribi?: