Subject: [Leica] IMGs: NYT human waste
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (vick.ko at sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:45:30 +0000

Yes, already doing that.

Some personal efforts:

- walk or bike as much as I can.  Wife has car, and I do succumb to using it
in moment of weakness and / or laziness.  Also when I want to go farther
afield, say to shoot LF.

- buy from local farmers market.  Two are biking/busing distance from home.
Third one is walking distance, but their prices are too high for me.

- buy local first.  And read labels more.

- buy "in season".  I really don't need strawberries at Christmas.  Corn
season is now over, but it was a really good one.  Peach season was over a
month ago, but it was a really good year.

Unfortunately I'm not vegetarian, but more of my meat is coming from local
sources.

And in my "not working for money" state, I am pleasantly finding that I can
be responsible, and still be within budget.  I wish my photo gear desires
could remain within budget.

...Vick