Subject: [Leica] IMGs: NYT human waste
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:24:01 -0400

Not to mention all the exporting we manage from starving island
nations.  We take your indigenous food for our yuppy markets and we
give you cheap high fat low nutrition stuff in return...and we we
will supersize it at no extra cost.

I see this working out in my own neighborhood in Bed Stuy
Brooklyn.  The cost of distributing good quality fresh food is
expensive in dense inner city areas where the majority of people rely
on their feet, bike, bus, train to shop.  Don't mention the elderly
who have trouble getting to the end of the block!  As a result fast
food is more prevalent then supermarkets because it has a higher
profit.  Although this is changing somewhat as the Pathmark in Harlem
is now the highest grossing supermarket in the country.  The emerging
economies are all located in poor urban neighborhoods these days.