Subject: [Leica] thousands of street photographers undeveloped negatives found after her death
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:45:02 -0400

> I fear that discoveries like this will disappear with the rise of
> all-digital imaging.  There's a lot to be said for something that's
> tangible
> and visible to the unaided eye.
>
> Jim Shulman
> Wynnewood, PA

I do think the same kind of thing is still going on as it always has.
Lots of people loving shooting like crazy and then amassing tons of images
in hard drives which they have no further interest in.
Though its easier now to at least glance at  them if you had LIGHTROOM or
even BRIDGE on a decent computer. They are not so totally out of sight  as
with analog but still for the most part are.

There always has been the "yellow box people"
People who have their slides in yellow Kodak boxes they've looked at once
maybe with a loupe when they got back from Kodak but have had little
interest in seeing since. Partially as there is no way of finding anything.

Actually developing your film does not mean much.
Some people, my relatives put the roll right back into the canister again
uncut. Not the cassette the case for the cassette.

Mark William Rabiner