Subject: [Leica] How well does "western" ink pen work on photo paper?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:03:17 -0400

> Nothing seems to write on modern glossy fb paper (like Ilford and the
> former
> Kentmere) save Sharpie markers and ultrafine paint markers.  I've seen a
> lot
> of old prints on matte paper signed in pencil.
>
> Dante

There was  a period of time in the 80's and 90's when people were talking
about how you cant use just any old pen to sign your (always glossy of
course) prints as the sugar in the ink would draw bugs and you'd have bugs
in between the pane of glass and your print.
So people were dipping their pens into ink they knew had not sugar in it.
Ansel Adams.
So you can do that.

By the way I used pencil and so do a number of others now.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] How well does "western" ink pen work on photo paper?)