Subject: [Leica] How well does "western" ink pen work on photo paper?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:15:30 -0400

> Have you trie Stabilo Pencils?   It is not a permanent mark, but it might
> work for you
>
> http://www.technologylk.com/_8046/black-stabilo-glass-marking-pencil.htm?src=f
> roogle
>
> http://www.filmtools.com/stabilo.html

For 33.3 years I've used the STABILO #8008 GRAPHITE
"Also writes on glass, plastic, metal
Aquarellable colored pencil
Leads with high-quality pigments, the very best graphite"

On a glossy darkroom print it looks like regular pencil, a dark one.
A regular pencil looks way too light. It does not look right or good.

On a mat inkjet print it looks a bit dark. I find myself now using a regular
pencil to sign my prints now.
But have one of my STABILO's right here. I bet it writes on this glossy
Macbook screen. But I won't find out.

Mark William Rabiner