Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:40:00 -0400

What we'll notice;
We will read article after article next year in photo magazines and else
ware about  all these top people shooting choice photo opportunities with
their new M9.  Leaving their DSLR's back at the studio....
And then we may feel the vacuum. The contrast.
This was not happening all last year with the M8.
It did when it first come out. But then there was a marked fall off.

I think we'll see the difference between the body we may have gotten a cut
rate deal on this year is more than just a few millimeters shy on the sides
from the M9 captivating the scene now. Its more than the fact that your 21
is a 21 now not a 28mm.
And its a slightly juicy 18 megapixels instead of the  slightly chincy 10.

And no cut off filters on the front of all your lenses.
If spec differences don't sound like much to us we'll wonder why it sounds
like a whole lot to a lot of top  people who have all of a sudden garnered 7
grand together and more if they needed glass to have it be there photo tool
of choice.
Don't they know they can get an amazing deal on last years cropped model?

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not)