Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:35:35 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

... for over a year now Tina you've been telling us that the only usable
files you get for STOCK have been with your cropped Leica not your  Full
Frame Canon yet the perception as well is the reality is is that stock
agencies have stopped accepting cropped files during this whole time at
least.
What's the skinny on this? I'm sure Leica impresses the stock people you
know as does your existing body of work.  And you do own a full frame Canon.
<<<

I think there are two factors in play here.  One is the minimum file size
that the stock agencies *believe* are needed to produce acceptably detailed
photos, the second is the actual detail in the image.

If I understand Tina correctly the M8 files, even when interpolated up to
the "minimum" file size the stock agencies believe is needed, are sharper
than the larger files she was getting with the Canon.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web