Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:20:11 -0400

wildlightphoto at earthlink.net wrote:
> I think there are two factors in play here.  One is the minimum file size
> that the stock agencies *believe* are needed to produce acceptably detailed
> photos, the second is the actual detail in the image.
>
> If I understand Tina correctly the M8 files, even when interpolated up to
> the "minimum" file size the stock agencies believe is needed, are sharper
> than the larger files she was getting with the Canon.
>
> Doug Herr

Right!  The detail in the M8s and M9s beats anything I can get with
Canon.  All Canon files have to be sharpened because of the AA filter
that softens the image.  I still think it's also because the Leica
lenses are so much better than the Canon lenses.  When I use Leica R
wide lenses on the Canon 5D, I don't get the chromatic aberrations and
fringing that I get with the Canon wide lenses.  With the M9, I get the
best of everything - Leica bodies and full frame Leica lenses.  I'm very
happy.

Tina
www.tinamanley.com