Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:11:23 -0400

And that's not talking format for over a year now Tina you've been telling
> us that the only usable files you get for STOCK have been with your cropped
> Leica not your  Full Frame Canon yet the perception as well is the reality
> is is that stock agencies have stopped accepting cropped files during this
> whole time at least.
> What's the skinny on this? I'm sure Leica impresses the stock people you
> know as does your existing body of work.  And you do own a full frame
> Canon.
>

> Mark William Rabiner

Mark -

I still think it's the lenses that are most important.  Canon doesn't
have any good wide lenses, even in the L series.  Now with the M9 we get
the full effect of Leica's wide lenses that are the best glass
available.  Stock agencies are getting more and more picky since
everybody with a digital camera thinks they can use it to make a little
extra money or just get their name in print.  iReporters and iStock
photographers are flooding the market with cell phone photos that can't
be used for anything but tiny web use.  They are "good enough" for some
uses but stock agencies were getting so many complaints about poor
quality that they've had to really crack down on acceptable size and
quality.  48 MB is the minimum for most submissions and they examine the
photos corner to corner at 100%.  Chromatic aberrations and fringing are
not acceptable.  That rules out all Canon wide lenses without a lot of
post processing.  The Leica M9 photos don't need anything but keywording
to submit for stock.

Tina
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not)