Subject: [Leica] Fender Bender
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 00:40:22 -0400

> Jim and Rei,
>
> Carbon composite has about zero ductility.  Carbon -epoxy composite is
> what the Boeing 787  is made of.
> I work with that stuff every day.  It doesn't bend-- IT BREAKS.
>
> Jerry

It also what golf clubs and tripods are made of.
They used to call it plastic.
Now its called plastic with charcoal dust in it.
I'm fond of the stuff.
That and titanium.
I'm fond of putting all kinds of weird stuff into my A Plus B epoxy mix-up.
423
Graphite
Powder
420
Aluminum
Powder

403
Microfiber
Bonding- Thicken resin/hardener mixtures for structural gap filling.
Bonding with Fillets- Increase joint bonding area and create a structural
brace.

406
Colloidal
Silica

I learned about this stuff by making my darkroom sink the second time.

Its  the opposite of making a wood boat.
You keep the water in not out.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayPageDynamicView?s
toreId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&page=Content&content=west-system-advi
sor.htm

http://www.westmarine.com/
WEST SYSTEM

Mark William Rabiner