Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 15:50:44 -0400

Advertising IS maleficence in action.  Editorial is not so much
better in my book, just promoting the rational.  It's easy to
rationalize "making a living" doing just about anything.  Too bad
that seems to be where the argument ends, that making a living
justifies ignoring the ethical comportment of the industries we work
in.  I can only wish I could choose which images could be stripped
naked, exploited, and discarded and which ones could not.    The very
idea of purposely making an image for that destiny turns my
stomach.  Like a rack of ribs to a Buddhist.