Subject: [Leica] LCD Protector for M9
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:06:31 -0400

Mark,

As Frank said, it doesn't matter what the marketing folks decide to
call it, it's not the same camera inside. Better sensor technology is
being developed and in 2 years, Leica will have the successor to M9,
whatever it will be called. It will likely have better sensor (better
high ISO is my guess), better LCD and a few other refinements. The
basic camera will be the same though (a view finder, a shutter button,
M-mount lenses,...). The form factor of the M cameras have't changed
since the M3 and it is what make the M standout from the (d)SLR. Leica
is not likely to abandon that yet.

Regards,
Spencer