Subject: [Leica] OT: Blasphemy Canon EOS 5D Mark II!
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:21:27 +0000

I used Leica R lenses exclusively with my 5D and had a single Cameraquest
adaptor. Changing lenses was very easy. With some adaptors you have to press
down a semi-hidden spring loaded catch to release the lens. That wasn't the
case with the Cameraquest model which had an easy to press release.

There are some metering issues with R lenses on the original 5D - as you
stop down the lens the exposure doesn't increase in a linear fashion,
however I shot raw with -2/3 of a stop compensation and didn't suffer from
blown highlights.

Steve