Subject: [Leica] M8 grip
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:22:12 -0500

>For my money and use, the Thumbs Up "advance lever" substitute gives
>>me all I want in ease and security of handling without the
>>considerable bulk of the grips.
>

>I agree.  I love my Thumbs Up.  Even my arthritic thumbs can grip the
>camera with it.  I only have one so far.  It will be migrating from
>my M8 to my M9.
>
>Tina

For those who don't want to give up the shoe contacts (like moi,) I have
an el cheapo suggestion:

< Radioshack 64-2342 selfstick rubber feet (8 for $3.89)>

These are black rubber, 2cm square, with slanted edges. I stuck one to
the rear of the top plate of my M8, to the right of "Made in Germany."
Works like the proverbial charm: my thumb has never slipped off it.

Stan Yoder

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] M8 grip)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] M8 grip)