Subject: [Leica] More w.Rolleiflex
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 01:35:23 -0500

> I always factor in the human component. However, I get really
> irritated with the holier than thou attitudes of the privileged.
> S.d.

He was an anarchist.
And a surrealist
And he escaped from the Nazi prisoner of war camps 3 times.
And he''s the street photographer all others are measured against.
I'd cut him a little slack.

And he used Leicas.

After his third escape:
" In France, he worked for the underground, aiding other escapees and
working secretly with other photographers to cover the Occupation and then
the Liberation of France. In 1943, he dug up his beloved Leica camera, which
he had buried in farmland near Vosges."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Cartier-Bresson

Mark William Rabiner