Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush to use Canon or Nikon bodies?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:40:15 -0500

> as a developer for sheet films some years ago but it's difficult to work
> with and very toxic.  I couldn't get an unstreaked negative no matter what
> did, and placing my hands in the pyro wasn't something I wanted to do.
>
> I've never gotten rid of the stuff- don't know how I would.
>
> Wendy

Mercury vapor will turn you into Nosferatu as played by Klaus Kinski or Max
Shrek. Pasty white skin. No hair. Pointed ears (don't quote me on the ears)
You'll look just like you just climbed out from under a large damp rock that
you call home.
The Rockstar image BLOW UP gave us turned the whole thing around.
Before that (1966 rated X)  Photographers were the true monsters.  The
undead.  The guy mom does not want to meet. We never outgrew that image.
Photo bugs don't know that.
Mercury vapor: Keep them in your florescent light bulbs and street lights.
Don't work with the stuff.
If you know what it smells like; you  know you are the next Nosferatu if you
survive the experience.

Mark William Rabiner